Today I took my first step towards becoming a crooked lawyer.  Me and Taneka went to Ole Miss for a law school open house day.  She is now a lyin' fool.  She stole some poor girls name tag and went by Carroll Walker all day long, while also posing as my fiancé. 


During one of the sessions, the dean of the law school was talking about some of the reasons that people want to become lawyers. Perhaps they like John Grisham novels or legal shows like the practice.  Or maybe someone they admire is a lawyer, possibly a family member or even a fictional character like Atticus Finch.  As he was talking, I was wondering why I want to become a lawyer. But I'm not sure if I even want to be a lawyer.  Or why I'm going to law school.  But regardless, I am going.  So I've come to the conclusion that none of my decisions (especially the big, life changing ones) are based on any rational thought or logical reasons.  I pretty much decide something on a whim, for no apparent reason, and do it.  I went to Peru for three months, on a whim.  I spent a semester in Washington, cause it seemed in some way it might be fun.  I went to Europe and the Olympics, because I knew some people that were gonna be there.  And in the fall I will attend law school with no ambitions of practicing law and without being sure if I even like the profession, or lawyers in general for that matter.  But hey, it sounds cool, right?  It's just more money and more school, right?  And, most importantly, it beats having a job, right?  Makes sense to me, anyways.

Comments

  1. Jonathon, why do you have to sound smart all the time? I will love you either way.....and you will be a great crooked, lying lawyer(you have the lying down already)...oh when is the liter due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one point I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. I guess those Grisham books did have an influence on me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog