I was sittin in church yesterday thinking about how in heaven if we're still gonna have free will or not. Everything is supposed to perfect, including ourselves, but I wasn't quite sure how that would work. I mean, Adam and Eve were in paradise with everything perfect, and yet they still chose to sin, even when they were in the presence of God all the time. So couldn't that happen to us in heaven to, I wondered? Cause that would definately not be cool.
But then Randy said something about how Martin Luther thought that really in this life, we don't have a choice between being good or evil, rather its a choice between degrees of evil. That the whole original sin thing, where we are born into sin. But I was thinking that we do have one choice in this life, and this life alone, and it is the only choice that matters. And after death, the choice has already been made, either saying to God "Thy will be done" or God saying to you "Thy will be done" (basically accepting christ is what I'm talking about, to paraphrase CS Lewis). So I realized that in heaven we will indeed have free will, its just that the time for the decision (the decision between God and self) will be over. I've always heard people say that if someone dies with Christ, its too late, theres no going back. But I never thought about that the reverse is also true, once someone dies with Christ, then you'll always be with Him. That was comforting to me, sorta random I know, but I was just thinking that I'm alot like Paul where he says he wants to do good things but just can't do em sometimes, but in heaven not being perfect will not be an option, for the choice will have already been made.
Oddly enough I do think about things other than food and MSU sports sometimes...I'll try not to let it happen too often...
I just want to say bless your beautiful hide
ReplyDelete